AUGUST




When I met you in August, you were all macho bodied with good hair. Your smile was something only Heaven could give, your voice was to die for and when you said hello, I knew August would be a beautiful month and eventually it was and the rest of the year too.
By December the following year, we were pretty sure we wanted to wake up every morning staring into each other`s eyes and probably make love at least once a week in the kitchen, and I would have children who would have your eyes and my brains.
By April, I became a Mrs. Because of you and soon enough a prospective mother all thanks to the days and nights we couldn`t keep our hands off each other. Yes, days or when do you think the kitchen escapades took place?? We endured the morning sickness in May, and by August we were loving the glow pregnancy gave me. September was bloody. The pregnancy came down. Oooooh how much I had cried and hated myself. I had missed a step on the stair case and as I came tumbling down so did the symbol of our love. I refused to be comforted, I was in pain, I was the one who had felt him grow inside me and in all the I`s, I lost touch of WE. I forgot he was your child as equally as he was mine, I forgot we were in this together. I was blind to the pain you also felt. Oooooh I built my walls and for days you tried to break them, you tried but they were built with reinforced blocks.
The day they came tumbling was in mid November, when I saw you crying on the clothes that would have being our child`s, asking why he came and left, left us with so much bitterness. I melted seeing the way you begged for time to be rewound so we could remain in our small, content, happy world. We cried, we cried till our tear glands were exhausted and we made love (not just sex, LOVE) and it brought back memories of the days when the going was good as the moonlight bathed our naked bodies.
By late February, I left you in bed to go throw up and a test later confirmed that your seed was growing inside me again. We were overjoyed, we were as careful as we could be, we awaited his arrival and when he came our seed was as beautiful and as pure as our love. That was the same way our three other symbols looked when they arrived in later years.
August (20 years down), I was so happy I had met you that August we met. I was fulfilled knowing you would always be there till time would have us be no more.
IT ALL STARTED IN AN AUGUST

Comments

  1. I love this one:it's so captivating,it got me living every line of the 20 years...lol.

    Marmah,this one's to your beautiful!πŸ’—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dickson, for the comments and everything. I appreciate it 😍

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts