I just might be getting married guyysss

Hello my lovelies. 
Currently listening to Taylor Swift- Style.

When ASUU decided to embark on a nationwide strike in November, we all thought this might just be one of their tantrums. Every day, we woke up to news of ongoing negotiations between them and the federal government, and that the strike would be called off soon. 
Fast forward to the 12th of January 2019, soon is not soon enough. ASUU is still on strike! 
We still wake up to whatsapp broadcasts and news headlines of ongoing negotiations that aren’t ending anytime soon. Now, the reason why I just might be getting married is because ASUU has actually said that they are ready to carry on this strike matter for up to 6 months if the government doesn’t give them their money. 6 whole months!!!!
If it’s actually true that ASUU will have the mind to keep us at home for 6 whole months, then I can bid my dreams of leaving the University of Nigeria by 2020 bye bye except the university comes up with some sort of plan that will make it possible to still leave by 2020. 
I pray that this rumor about 6 months of staying out of school is not true. I pray that ASUU and the Federal Government will reach a conclusion on this issue. I pray that this conclusion will be reached before the end of this month. If not, 
6 months is the entire length of time it will take me and my future husband to finish marriage counseling courses in a Redeemed church. 
6 months is enough to get married.
6 months is enough time to get through 2 trimesters of a pregnancy.
6 months is a lot of time my people. 
And, 6 months is also a lot of time to do all those things you wanted to do that you feel you didn’t have time to do. 
I’m not saying that this strike is really going to last for an entirety of 6 months,  but the best we can do for ourselves as students is to not stay idle for the duration of this strike. Get busy!
- Learn that skill that you’ve always wanted to learn. Your skills can take you places and put money in your hands.
- Create a CV no matter how funny it might sound, and look for internships. I used an MS word template to create a CV some days ago and I’ve been on the lookout for internship opportunities. Don’t just look for them, apply for them. It will give you much needed experience and let’s not forget the mula too. You can sign up on www.stutern.com to get new and available internship opportunities directly to your mail. 
- Develop yourself. Read books, go on that road trip (if you have the money), register for that online course, learn how to use that app you’ve wanted to learn about for so long. 
Do anything that is going to be an additional blessing to your life and skills, and hope that ASUU will call off this strike before some of us forget that we are students. 

Comments

  1. So accurate, this ASUU aren't here to play.

    6 months is just too much and I pray it doesn't get to that. And if it does, lets make use of that time effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray I don't lose the zeal I had when I just got my admissions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts