Speak your truth πŸ’›

Happy new year my darlings πŸ’›πŸ’›. It's not late to say a happy new year since this is my first post of the year. I pray that 2019 is all that we've prayed and hoped for, and that we are better versions of ourselves.
As always, a new year comes with new resolutions and all the "new year, new me" talk. There's no new anybody 🀷. It just happened that the clock struck 12am and introduced us to a new day but all 365 days of the previous year had been exhausted, so a new cycle/ year was inevitable.
In essence, it's still you, with all the plans and things you want to do and I sincerely hope that you kick start those plans.
I'm rambling, but I love you guys and so I want to talk about voices. Everyone has a voice, everyone who speaks but, I'm not talking of just voices in the form of talking or singing, but in the form of your stand and your truths on matters ranging from anything to everything.
I as a person, I've found myself so many times moving with the tide and popular opinion. I was this sort of person who blended in, went with the flow, agreed with what most people thought on issues I had a different view about and honestly, that was so wrong.
Well, towards the end of last year after speaking about rape and sexual consent with some of my friends and our views were totally different ( which is something I'm definitely writing about soon) I told myself; Nneoma, you will speak and stand for your voice, what you believe to be true to you, and you will not waver except proven wrong beyond all reasonable doubt.
It's easy to play second fiddle, tag along and yo hoo with everyone's choices, but it's important to state your views on matters from family to hobbies to career and life choices and be truthful with them.
I think we owe it to ourselves and right choices to speak our truths not minding if it favours public opinion or not.
I think it should be a moral obligation to voice your true opinions always.
So in 2019, let's be true to our voices. Let us not be chameleons who change according to what everyone is saying or thinking.
Before you slander/insult someone or an action online, ask yourself do I really mean this?
Would I still say these same things if it were to be that a good number of people wouldn't agree with my stand?
Do I make decisions based on how many people would approve my choice?
Do I have a voice, my voice?
It's not a walk in the park sometimes, but stay true to yourself. Speak your truth!!
Meanwhile enjoy this beautiful picture of me because I love you guys πŸ’›πŸ’›

Comments

  1. Well First Up that's a Nice picture
    And Happy New year to you

    That Has Alot to say to me as A Person. Didn't really believe in that new me of a thing it burns for the 1st few months and Dies off later. Lol 365days is a Long way oo.

    Lovely write up. Breeds up new ideas. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol
      Asin eehh but it's still good to make plans and deadlines help with them too.
      You're welcome πŸ’œ

      Delete
  2. God bless you NNE...more insight...voice out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you πŸ’›πŸ’› and bless you too

      Delete
  3. Nice one marmah
    Keep it up πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  4. its good tho....took me a while....buh yh I read....lol....its good.... very good....Udo btw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts