Get in here book lovers 😍

Lifestyle
Hey people!! How are we?
Hope you’re enjoying rain in January?Zikoko said it's happening because of all the sins we've been committing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but we've heard about climate change
The elections are looming over us, ASUU is still on strike, Falz’s moral instruction is everything you need to hear, and am dedicating this post to all book lovers.

Currently listening to Follow follow – Falz

I absolutely love reading. I love murder novels, psychological thrillers, women’s fiction, poetry, classics and a little bit of romance never hurt anyone. It’s always been a hobby since childhood, and with ASUU on strike and my search for a job currently futile, I’ve been catching up on all the books Pinterest has been telling me I need to read. Now, this list is in no particular order because I can’t decide on favorites when it comes to books, but I enjoyed reading these books and I hope that you check them out.
1. It all ends with us by Colleen Hoover

This book is one of the first novels I’ve read about domestic violence and I absolutely loved every bit of it. I loved how insightful it was into relationships involving domestic violence. Everyone always says they would leave an abusive relationship in a heartbeat, and you really should if you ever find yourself in one, but I loved how it showed our emotions as humans, and how you always want to see the good in someone because of this emotion and action called love. I loved how she was finally able to walk out for her sake and her child’s. This is one book I’m glad I read and please don’t stay in an abusive relationship please. You deserve more than someone who abuses you physically or mentally. It’s not healthy for you, please find the strength to leave. You can check out my story on domestic violence πŸ‘‡http://nnewrites.blogspot.com/2018/09/hitched.html?m=1
2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

This is a classic novel. It tells the story of a man in love, in love with a woman he can’t have anymore. A woman despite being married led him on, put him in a tricky situation and it eventually led to his death. The novel is set in old New York and it was so descriptive I could see myself in the 1900’s, watching the story unfold through Nick’s eyes. This book has also been adapted into a movie and the movie soundtrack happens to be one of my favorite songs Young and beautiful by Lana Del Rey. I hate that Gatsby dies, but it hurts me more that after his death, there was no one not even the so called love of his life. Choose your circle wisely people.
3. Unspoken feelings of a gentleman by Pierre Alex Jeanty

This book has a special spot in my heart. We live in a society where genders are constantly stereotyped and in this book, we see a man tired of stereotypes, tired of pent up emotions in the name of suck it up and be a man, broken over losing a woman he loved because he couldn’t talk and reach out to her. This book is beautifully written and I think it’s a must read.
4. The fault in our stars by John Green

The fault in our stars 😍😍😍. What can I say? I fell in love with the movie, and then I read the book, and I fell in love all over again. I’m an optimist, I believe in miracles, happy endings and everything, but sometimes miracles don’t always happen and I love that the book depicts that. It broke my heart that Augustus had to die no matter how fictional his character was, but he made the best out of the time he had. I’m happy they had each other, am happy they went to Amsterdam, I loved their dialogues. This book is one book I most definitely have to buy in paperback.
5. I do not come to you by chance by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani

Cash daddy!! This book is everything that the Nigerian unemployment scene is. It’s the story of an unemployed graduate who starts working as a 419er in Cash daddy’s yahoo yahoo business and Cash daddy happens to be his uncle. Fortunately for him, he gets out of it before it was too late. The book takes you through the giddiness of university life, the joy of graduation, the hope of a better life after school, and the frustration of being unemployed. It was funny, relatable, and so very Nigerian.
I could go on and on and on because there are so many amazing books to be read but I’ll stop here. I still have tons of faves that aren’t on the list, but are down below:
- We should all be feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- To the women I once loved by Pierre Alex Jeanty
- Milk and honey by Rupi Kaur
- The sun and her flowers by Rupi Kaur
- Love the one you’re with by Emily Griffin
- The chamber by John Grisham
- The subtle art of not giving a fuck by Mark Manson
- All the books in the death series by Nora Roberts writing as J.D Robbs and so manyyyyyy others.
These are some of my favorite books. I read ebooks mostly now, and I used to download them from oceanofpdf.com but since their site is down, the Anybooks app has been a lifesaver.
Which of these books will you be checking out?
What books would you recommend?
If you’ve read any, please lets gush over it in the comment section!!

Comments

  1. This is dope. I've only read two of these books and they were great. For them to be on this list, the rest must be awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am not really an e- book lover, but with this I think am going to cheek it out starting with it ends with us.
    Thanks Marmah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read just one, "I do not come to you by chance " I totally loved it. I bet the other ones are great .Well done dearest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts