Dear Ex husband

Letter to: The one who was never really mine.
I don’t know how to say everything I want to say in this letter. I couldn’t fix a date and not stop myself from crying before I finish a sentence, and I couldn’t say it over the phone, it would have been too heartbreaking for both you and me.
All I have done is love you, for days till they turned into weeks, into months and eventually a year. I have always wanted to believe you loved me back just the same, but after a year I must face the reality that you don’t. I know about her, I’ve watched you so many times sneak to the phone early in the morning to know if she would ever answer your calls. I know when you stay up half the night reading previous chats between the both of you. I know of the drawer in the closet where you still keep the photo of you two at a beach.
With time, I have hoped that I would make enough room in your heart to make you stop loving her so much. I didn’t want to take her place but make mine, but you’ve given all to her. I am tired of having to pray and hope that someday you would understand my love for you and eventually reciprocate it, but now am beginning to see that that someday may never come. I am tired of the deafening silences between us, tired of the way you apologise when your hand mistakenly   brushes my lower back sometimes, tired of trying to understand why we got into this in the first place. I love you too much to keep you in this mockery of a relationship. It would be in our best interest to stop this merry go round.  The divorce papers will be delivered on Monday, please do sign it. Do not refuse,you deserve the right to be happy and be with the one who you love and who loves you back, same as I. Goodbye Matthew, I hope in our next life things would work out.
From : Your future ex-wife

Comments

  1. Oh. My. God. This letter got me all emotional. I felt the writer's pain as my heart began to break to tiny bits and pieces. In this write up, I felt another shade of agony.

    Write more! I can't over emphasis on the beauty of your words.

    ~Gift.

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enter your comment...thank you Donald

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts