Maybe you need to calm down and count.

Motivational
My people say if you run faster than your chi, you'll run to your death.

Currently listening to hand of God by Jon Bellion.

This post was inspired by a conversation I had with one of my loves earlier this week.
I was telling him that I was comparing myself unintentionally.
Now, that might sound ridiculous, but most of us are actually doing so without realizing it.
In a world where everyone's "life" is just at the click of an app, its easy to just see a friend's post and wonder to yourself if yours was terrible or in comparison.
It's so easy to see what someone else is doing well at and belittle your efforts and wonder what you're doing with yourself.
Don't get me wrong, it's great to have goals and dreams and objectives that you're striving towards, but it borders on unhealthy when you set your goals based on someone's else's life that you're trying to live up to.
And like I said, you might get so caught up in it and might not be so aware of what you're doing till you've sunk deep in the hole.
My friend went on and on, about how amazing I was doing and everything, and I just want to tell you that you're doing awesomely well too.
Granted, you might not have achieved half of your goals, but everyday you're taking a step towards accomplishing it and that is something you can allow yourself to be happy about.
It's easy to feel like you're not doing enough when you start to compare, but I want to tell you that you are doing just great.
I'm not saying rest on your oars and feel like you've arrived, but take a break and applaud yourself.
Count your blessings, think about how far you've come from where you've started, reflect on your accomplishments and be happy about them.
When I started this blog, I didn't think it would amount to anything. I didn't think anyone would want to read what I was posting, I didn't even tell people when I put up a new post because I felt I wasn't enough.
I would read people's blog and works, and convince myself that I shouldn't describe myself as being a writer or a blogger. Why? Constantly comparing myself!
Once I shook off the comparison, I started writing more, started talking about this blog, started telling people about it like my life depended on it and now, I have you amazing people in this space, reading, commenting and sharing my posts and that means a whole lot to me.
So whatever you're doing, do it well and at your own pace.
Set goals and priorities that are yours and not snippets of another's person life that you want to live.
Like Salemkinging on Instagram said, the difference between you and your goals are all the hours you haven't put in yet.
So calm down, stop comparing, make sure your plans are aligned with what God has in store for you, chase those goals, and pat yourself on the back for each step you take towards accomplishing them!!!!
Have you ever been so influenced by what someone else was doing and then find yourself chasing someone's else's dream?
Brag about yourself and an accomplishment you are proud of in the comment section!!

Also, you can connect with me on Twitter here and Instagram here.

Comments

  1. This is definitely the truth of reality we live in. I'm glad you're able to encourage the truth of we believing ourself and chasing our goals, our life and no one else's.
    Well done Marmh

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right. This was our discussion last Sunday. May God grant you more wisdom Nneoma.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts